Endowments contribute to the long-term financial health of the museum, because we use only the interest of an endowment and allow the principal to keep growing. By giving to an endowment, you help the museum continue to serve its mission far into the future.
Make your gift online through the University of Oregon Foundation, choosing among the following museum endowment funds:
- The C. Melvin Aikens Field School Scholarship Endowment provides scholarships for students participating in the museum's annual Archaeological Field School.
- The Thomas Condon Fund for Vertebrate Paleontology provides support for a curator (a mammalian vertebrate paleontologist), who may teach part-time in either geology or biology, with an emphasis on research and publications.
- The Don E. Dumond Anthropological Collections Research Endowment provides support for research by students, staff, or visiting scholars on archaeological or anthropological collections housed at MNCH.
- The MNCH PaleoIndian Research Endowment provides support for PaleoIndian (prior to 7500 years ago) archaeological research. The endowment primarily funds research focused in North America, but it may also support research in areas where ancestors or descendants of PaleoIndian peoples may have lived, such as northeast Asia and South America. To learn more, download our fact sheet about PaleoIndian research at the MNCH.
- The Max and Hattie Mae Nixon MNCH Endowment provides for the preservation and care of anthropological textile collections.
- The Oregon State Museum of Anthropology Collection Endowment provides for the preservation and care of anthropological collections.
- The Alice and Arnold Soderwall Natural History Endowment provides for the design and fabrication of museum exhibits relating to the human impact on the natural environment.
- The Director's Endowment provides support for educational and scholarly endeavors at MNCH, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The Faculty Endowment supports the work of the museum's Executive Director, funding professional travel, undergraduate or graduate student assistantships, equipment, and other support services.
To find out more about endowments contact Eric McCready, Senior Director of Development, at (541) 346-4489 or email@example.com.