September is Volunteer Recruitment Month at the MNCH!
Applications will be accepted from September 2 through September 30.
Inspire. Connect. Volunteer.
Volunteer training sessions are offered twice a year, in the spring and the fall. If your volunteer application is accepted, you'll be invited to register for our Volunteer Training. The training costs $30 and includes a one-year membership to the museum ($40 value) plus training material. All sessions are held at the museum.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Educational Program Instructor inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers provide the customer service in the museum store, staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
Aside from making a difference in our community and making new friends, volunteering at the MNCH comes with a variety of great rewards, including
- A certificate in museum interpretation
- Trainings that further your education
- Free one-year membership to the MNCH, with upgrade options
- Parking permit for use in our first-come, first-served parking lot
- Invitations to special museum events
- Job references
- 10% off museum store purchases
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Quarterly Volunteer Meet-ups
- Subscription to Volunteer View, our quarterly volunteer newsletter
For more information or to register, contact the museum's Volunteer Coordinator, Valerie Kendall, at (541) 346-1717.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly: