There are lots of ways to get involved at the museum!
If you like working with people, have a desire to learn and have energy and time to invest, museum volunteering might be for you!
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Guided Tour Interpreters inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers provide the customer service in the museum store, staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
How to Apply:
Download and complete the volunteer application and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or return it to the museum. Copies of the application are also available at the museum’s front desk. Once we review your application, we will contact you to discuss your interests and the training schedule.
Sessions are offered 2-3 times per year as needed.
In Winter 2013, new volunteer training is being conducted January 15 - 31. Sessions are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm -5:00pm.
Cost: $30 includes a one-year membership to the museum ($40 value), training materials, and the DVD The Cultural and Natural History of Oregon. Preregistration is required. All sessions are held at the museum.
For more information or to register contact the main office at (541) 346-3024 or the Education Coordinator at (541) 346-1694.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly:
- Anthropological Collections: Pamela Endzweig, (541) 346-5120, email@example.com
- Paleontological Collections and Research: Edward Davis, (541) 346-3461, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archaeological Research: Thomas Connolly, (541) 346-3031, email@example.com
*To view this pdf form you may need to download and install Adobe Reader.