Learn. Inspire. Connect.
Our next vounteer recruitment period will take place in the fall of 2015. Check back this summer for details.
Volunteer trainings are offered twice a year, in the spring and the fall, and are required for museum volunteers. Trainings consist of eight sessions that meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
If your volunteer application is accepted during the next recruitment period, you'll be invited to register for a training. The entire training series costs $40 and includes a one-year membership to the museum (a $40 value) plus materials and supplies. All sessions are held at the museum.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Educational Program Instructor inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers provide the customer service in the museum store, staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
Aside from making a difference in our community and making new friends, volunteering at the MNCH comes with a variety of great rewards, including
- A certificate in museum interpretation
- Trainings that further your education
- Free one-year membership to the MNCH, with upgrade options
- Parking permit for use in our first-come, first-served parking lot
- Invitations to special museum events
- Job references
- 10% off museum store purchases
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Quarterly Volunteer Meet-ups
- Subscription to Volunteer View, our quarterly volunteer newsletter
For more information, contact the museum's Volunteer Coordinator, Ruth Hyde, at email@example.com or (541) 346-1717.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly: