Are you passionate about natural and cultural history? Want to share your enthusiasm with others? Volunteering at the Museum of Natural and Cultural History might be for you!
Applications for the Spring 2017 New Volunteer Training will be available in February.
Volunteer trainings are offered twice a year, in the spring and the fall, and are required for museum volunteers. Trainings consist of eight sessions that meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 to 4:30 p.m.. Spring training will start on February 28, 2017.
If your volunteer application is accepted during the recruitment period, you'll be invited to register for a training. The entire training series costs $40 and includes a one-year individual membership to the museum (a $40 value) plus materials and supplies. All sessions are held at the museum.
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Educational Program Instructor inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
Aside from making a difference in our community and making new friends, volunteering at the MNCH comes with a variety of great rewards, including
- A certificate in museum interpretation
- Trainings that further your education
- Free one-year membership to the MNCH, with upgrade options
- Parking permit for use in our first-come, first-served parking lot
- Invitations to special museum events
- Job references
- 10% off museum store purchases
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Quarterly Volunteer Meet-ups
- Subscription to Volunteer View, our quarterly volunteer newsletter
For more information, contact the museum's Volunteer Coordinator, Ruth Hyde, at email@example.com or (541) 346-1717.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly: