There are lots of ways to get involved at the museum!
If you like working with people, have a desire to learn, and have energy and time to invest, museum volunteering might be for you!
- Exhibit Hall Interpreters provide the personalized experiences and perspectives that make museum trips memorable and meaningful for our visitors.
- Educational Program Instructor inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Oregon's past and present and lead hands-on activities for K-12 classes and community members.
- Visitor Services Volunteers provide the customer service in the museum store, staff special events, share information about membership, and greet visitors.
How to Apply:
Download and complete the volunteer application (pdf) and either email it to email@example.com return it to the museum, in person or by mail. Copies of the application are also available at the museum’s front desk. Once we review your application, we will contact you to discuss your interests and the training schedule.
Volunteer training sessions are offered 2-3 times per year as needed.
Check back for updates on the next training.
Cost: $30 - includes a one-year membership to the museum ($40 value) plus training material. Preregistration is required. All sessions are held at the museum.
Aside from making a difference in our community and making new friends, volunteering at the MNCH comes with a variety of great rewards, including
- A certificate in museum interpretation
- Trainings that further your education
- Free one-year membership to the MNCH, with upgrade options
- Parking permit for use in our first-come, first-served parking lot
- Invitations to special museum events
- Job references
- 10% off museum store purchases
- Invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Quarterly Volunteer Meet-ups
- Subscription to Volunteer View, our quarterly volunteer newsletter
For more information or to register, contact the museum's Volunteer Coordinator at (541) 346-1717.
Interested in volunteering with the Collections or Research Divisions? Contact these divisions directly: