The museum offers a variety of public workshops throughout the year. For more information about workshop programming, contact the museum at (541) 346-3024.
Guidelines for Excellence in Environmental Education Workshop
Monday, September 14, 2015, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This one-day workshop will introduce participants to the newest publication in the National Project for Excellence in Environmental Education series: Non-formal Environmental Education Programs - Guidelines for Excellence. These Guidelines offer a set of recommendations for developing and administering high quality non-formal environmental education programs.
- To identify the key characteristics of high quality environmental education programs
- To discuss the relationship between program design and program evaluation
- To describe how other documents in the National Project for Excellence in Environmental Education series can be used to develop quality programs
Each participant will receive a copy of each of the following (a $50 value):
- Non-formal Environmental Education Programs - Guidelines for Excellence
- Environmental Education Materials: Guidelines for Excellence
- Excellence in Environmental Education - Guidelines for Learning (Pre K-12)
- Guidelines for the Preparation and Professional Development of Environmental Educators
Who should attend? Environmental educators, administrators, or program developers who are concerned about the quality of non-formal environmental education programs.
Registration and Payment:
The cost is $40 and includes workshop materials, lunch, and books. Please make checks payable to MNCH. Space is limited and advance registration is required.
Registration Form (download)
Please send registration form and payment to:
Museum of Natural and Cultural History
1224 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1224
Questions? Contact Robyn Anderson, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or (541) 346-1694.