Lesson Plans, Activities, and Worksheets
These materials are available to help supplement your museum education program either at the museum or in your classroom. They can help students prepare for their visit, practice the vocabulary, review important concepts, and reflect on their program.
Native American History and Culture:
- Archaeology Word Challenge
- Archaeology Detective Worksheet
- Archaeology Crossword Puzzle
- Artifact Analysis Form Worksheet
- Geology Word Search
- Geology Word Search ANSWER KEY
- Geology Crossword Puzzle
- Geology Crossword Puzzle ANSWER KEY
- Geologic Word Challenge
Animals and Habitats:
- Habitat Detectives Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Wild Animal Exploration Lesson Plan (Grades K-2)
- Habitats and the Ecosystem Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animals and their Habitats Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
- Animal Adaptations Lesson Plan (Grades 4-8)
Campus Scavenger Hunt:
View items from the different museum collections through the museum's Web Galleries.
Visit the museum's YouTube channel for videos from current and past exhibits, lecutres and more.
Professional Development for K-12 Teachers
Want to deepen your knowledge and enhance student learning about Oregon's cultures and ecosystems? Take advantage of the museum's professional development opportunities! You can gain new skills and resources for teaching about Oregon's Native American societies as well as its geology, geography, and history. Check out our workshops page for more information.