Bring your students for hands-on learning adventures at the museum!
Take your students on a journey that inspires wonder about our natural and cultural worlds. Whether it's diving into the past with the sabertooth salmon or delving into the future of our planet's ecosystems, the museum offers a wide variety of exciting inquiry-based learning adventures. All K-12 programs are taught by trained museum educators and are aligned with state and national standards. Pre-registration is required.
K-12 Education Programs at the Museum
- Limit of 32 students per program - groups of 16 or more will be split into two smaller groups
- Programs are 60 minutes in length for grades K-2, 90 minutes for grades 3-12
- Only one program can run at any given time, however we can schedule groups back-to-back on the same day
- Programs are available Tuesdays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Programs include a hands-on activity in the classroom and a tour associated exhibit hall.
- Explore the Education Program options page - Programs can be modified to meet your students' specific educational needs
- Please submit an Education Program Request Form (online or download) at least two weeks prior to your requested date
- Information on Directions and Parking at the museum
- $2 per student for school-affiliated groups
- Teachers and adult chaperones are free
Pacific Continental Bank generously provides funding to cover admission and bus transportation for schools serving low-income communities. Any school with at least 50% of students eligible for free or reduced lunch may apply. Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. The scholarship application is available on the Education Program Request Form. UPDATE: all scholarship funds for the 2016-17 school year have been awarded. New requests will be added to the wait list and will be notified if more funds become available.
Interested in checking out the museum before visiting with your students? Contact the Education Coordinator at (541) 346-1694 or email@example.com for a FREE educator pass.
Interested in having the museum visit your school? Check the Outreach Programs page for more details!
Teacher updates, classroom resources, scholarship announcements, and more - all delivered to your inbox.
* indicates required