For more information or media inquiries, contact Kristin Strommer, MNCH Communications Manager, at 541-346-5083 or email@example.com.
In the News
- The museum celebrates Charles Darwin's birthday and the Register-Guard is here to cover the fun!
- MNCH to host craft beer-inspired dinner and climate talk. Read about it in Around the O.
- VacationIdea names the MNCH as one of the best science museums to visit on a family weekend getaway.
- The MNCH launches its new monthly pub series, Ideas on Tap. Read about it in Around the O.
- MNCH director Jon Erlandson and archaeologist Dennis Jenkins weigh in on First Americans research in the January 2015 issue of National Geographic.
- The Register-Guard covers our newest exhibition, Road Trip! The Roadside Geology of Oregon
- MNCH archaeologist Pat O'Grady uses radar to uncover clues about a forgotten Oregon cemetery. Read the News-Review article to learn more.
- MNCH director Jon Erlandson joins Smithsonian archaeologist Torben Rick for an emergency assessment of cultural sites threatened by climate change. The LA Times covers the story.
- The groundbreaking work of MNCH archaeologist Dennis Jenkins was highlighted in the September-October 2014 issue of Archaeology Magazine.
- MNCH paleontologist Edward Davis discusses fossils, climate, and the museum's Explore Oregon exhibit on Jefferson Public Radio.
- KLCC reporter Rachel McDonald tours the Explore Oregon exhibit hall.
- AAA's VIA Magazine entices travelers to Explore Oregon.
- National Geographic reports on a 13,000-year-old infant burial - with input from MNCH archaeologist Dennis Jenkins - and what it reveals about the First Americans.
- MNCH scientist generates a three-dimensional printout of a rare sabertoothed salmon fossil, and Oregon Public Broadcasting covers the story.
The Explore Oregon exhibit hall opened in May 2014, representing a major expansion of the museum's public exhibition space and its coverage of the Pacific Northwest's natural history. Learn about the exhibit - and the inspiration behind it - through this short video.
Explore Oregon with the Duck!
Join the University of Oregon Duck for a fun-filled romp through the Explore Oregon exhibit hall.
Roadside Geology of Oregon
Learn about Oregon's diverse geological provinces with Dr. Marli Miller, author of the second edition of Roadside Geology of Oregon, and curator of the Road Trip! exhibit.
Luther Cressman: Quest for First People
In the 1930s, archaeologist Luther Cressman made a series of discoveries that shocked the scientific world. They included a cache of 75 sagebrush sandals that proved to be the oldest shoes ever found. He believed people were in the Americas far earlier than most researchers thought possible. Today, modern science may finally prove him right. In 2014, Oregon Public Broadcasting produced a special Oregon Experience episode devoted to Cressman.
75th Anniversary Video
In 2010 the museum celebrated its 75th anniversary. A video was commissioned to mark the occasion. It also provides a wonderful introduction to the museum.
Archaeology Lecture Series
The museum presents its Archaeology Lecture Series during the fall, bringing notable scholars from around the country to present on topics in prehistory, historical archaeology, zooarchaeology, and more.
A quarterly publication highlighting current exhibits, public programs and events.
Current issue (pdf)